Posted By: Daphne's
Categories: anaerobic exercise, Art, Artist of the Month, California Greek Culture, chicken wraps, climbing walls, Coconut Milk, Daphne's California Greek, EAT WELL, Exercise, Healthy Living, healthy living, liquid gold, Live Well, pinterest, pinteresting, pinterests, yoga classes, yoga poses, yoga postures, YogaBabes
Are you on Pinterest?
Frankly stated, it's a visual feast for just about everything and we are officially hooked!
If you haven't already, sign up now and follow our boards H E R E.
Posted By: YogaBabes
Categories: Daphne's California Greek, EAT WELL, health benefits of honey, Jessica Mulvey, liquid gold, raw honey benefits, royal jelly, YogaBabes
Let’s talk honey–that delicious, golden nectar prominent in many-a-Mediterranean-desserts and a staple in the average American’s cup of tea. You may already know that it is a healthier alternative to processed white sugar, but did you know that raw, unrefined honey provides benefits to your body besides satiating that sweet tooth? Because the honey is unprocessed, it retains all the enzymes, pollen, royal jelly, propolis, rich vitamins, minerals and carbohydrate content.
5 Fun facts about raw honey:
1. Raw honey is 100% pure, unfiltered, never strained and never heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Studies suggest raw honey may suppress your cough (it is not just an old wives’ tale).
3. Raw honey has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
4. Raw honey can help with the occasional sleeplessness.
5. Studies are finding that local honey may help provide some relief to seasonal allergy sufferers.
Though honey provides a multitude of health benefits, bear in mind that it does contain a large amount of fructose (about 70%), which must be consumed in moderation.
So the next time you hit your farmer’s market, pick up some local honey and enjoy nature’s liquid gold!